Sunday, December 14, 2008

NFR Final Standings

Team roping was one of the most hotly contested events throughout the 10 days of the Wrangler NFR, and the race for the world titles came down to the wire. In the end, 2006 World Champion Header Matt Sherwood and partner Randon Adams won the coveted gold buckles, finishing fourth in Round 10 to clinch the world titles with PRCA record earnings of $189,568. Sherwood, of Pima, Ariz., finished ahead of six-time and reigning World Champion All-Around Cowboy Trevor Brazile, who won the Wrangler NFR average in 60.1 seconds with Patrick Smith and earned $163,358 on the season. Adams, of Logandale, Nev., finished ahead of Jade Corkill, who earned $166,673 roping with Luke Brown, in the race for the gold buckle."It's unbelievable," said Sherwood, who broke the earnings record set by Chad Masters a year ago. "To be here among the greatest ropers in the world and be crowned the world champion is truly unbelievable. There were several different scenarios that could have played out. We knew that if we just made a smooth run on the last steer, we would win the championship."Becoming a world champion was a dream come true for Adams.It's something I've dreamed of my whole life," Adams said. "I've run that last steer a million times in my mind and in the practice pen. It was great to finally do it for real. I don't know if it's really hit me yet. I think it will once I get my buckle. It's the greatest feeling ever."Colter Todd and Cesar de la Cruz won Round 10 in 4.0 seconds, and Brazile and Smith led all team ropers with $90,144 in Wrangler NFR earnings.

No comments: